Sunday, February 13, 2011

Time to post

  It's been a while since the last boring post so it's time to post again. Funny thing is, I almost forgot how to do this.

 Nothing new here, tons of crappy snow and ice build up. I climbed the ladder today and raked snow off of the roof. Everyone else is chipping the ice build up and worrying about ruining their shingles. I decided to put salt on ice in the gutters so I'm hoping that it will melt enough to move things when, or if, the sun comes out.

  Got a very nice rejection letter from Chris Richman at Upstart Crow Literary.

"Thanks so much for thinking of me for HUMPTY DUMPTY'S FALL INTO TROUBLE. After taking a look at the material, I'm sorry to report I'm going to pass on the chance to see more of this project. It's no exaggeration when I say I'm being incredibly picky with the material I take on, and I want to make sure every writer and manuscript I sign is something I'm behind one hundred percent.

As I’m sure you know, opinions vary so much from one person to another. I hope you’ll find an agent who feels strongly about your work and can bring the passion that it deserves. Best of luck to you!"

  Yes, it's a rejection letter but he was polite about it. Others have either bothered not replying at all or just saying, "Sorry, it's not what we're looking for at this time."  So, yeah, this was nice. Could have been better if it was a positive reply of course, but that's ok.  Story needs work anyway. 

    Speaking of which, I should edit it again. Probably should start on Ann Allswell again. What's it gonna be? A village? A coastal area? More rejection fodder?  

Whatever......... 
  

2 comments:

  1. I applaud all rejection letters, and this one gets a double applaud. They not only read it, they actually took the time to write you a personal response. I love that. Good luck mom and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks sweetie, that's very nice of you to say. You're right. They actually read it and personally responded so that's pretty cool. Big kisses!

    ReplyDelete