Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1st Blog post

People have told me that I need to blog. Why? Probably because I bitch too much or offer too much unwanted and unsolicited advice. So, now I've started a blog. 
Not sure where to go from here though. 


We're supposed to get a bad storm, it's going to cover most of the U.S. Have you ever noticed that anyone over 30 talks about weather when they're not sure what to talk about? Sign of aging I think.


Very annoyed lately with people who are overly sensitive, is that the politically correct term? How about touchy? Whiny? or is that Winey? Who knows? Whatever. The point is you can't say anything, no matter how non-judgmental it is, without someone crying and taking offense. Just the other day I suggested I and someone else should get together and ditch a friend, all said in fun and humor, which was obvious in the thread. However, these other people took it to heart and were offended and, reading between the lines, were totally pissed and full of attitude. Why? Who the fudge knows? Heaven forbid someone make a joke. Nothing was malicious. Nothing was intended to be mean. It was just a comment of "well if they stood you up, we'll get together and stand them up, lol". Now, if they were to read this blog, I guarantee they would get all indignant and say they never took it that way at all. If you had read the thread you would have seen what I saw. Anyway, that's just one example. 


Oh, you wanna hear some total bullshit? Someone took an email I sent and used it in public to try and gather an edge on someone else I know. Thankfully, the people in charge didn't believe it. This same someone changed a few emails from me a few years ago and sent them to a few people saying I said things. Obviously I didn't say these things. All she did was take an email I sent her and before forwarding it, erased my words and inserted what she wanted. Computer 101. 
Why are so many people so mean lately? Are they that unhappy with their lives? We all have crap to deal with, problems, trials and tribulations. Why take our crap out on others? I told a lady in town the other day that her new haircut looked very cute on her and she said, "As opposed to what? My old cut? So, you're saying it didn't look good?" Holy crap. In all actuality, her old cut looked like crap, as does her new cut, but I was trying to be nice. I just said I thought her last hairdo looked nice too and left the store. People wonder why I don't mingle in Harrisville too often. 

On another note, I've mailed out sooo many packages in the last 4 months that I just can't afford to do it anymore. Of course I will send to Don or Matt if there's something I need to send them but unless it's something important, then it will have to wait. I've sent things to California, Washington, Oregon, Iowa, Montana, Syracuse, S. Korea, and a few other places, all totaling about $300, which I can't afford. Granted, most are happy to receive things and I like putting smiles on their faces, but sometimes the thought that counts costs too much, lol.


Well, that's the first post. Take it for what you will. I'm sure if anyone reads it, they'll take it wrong and be all crybaby-ish and complain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment