Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ok, time to post....finally.

Not sure why but for some reason these blog entries are suddenly posting on facebook. I'll figure it out and stop it, it will take a minute or two though. 


April 17th and it's snowing. We have about an inch of new snow now. It looks nice and fresh, but I think I missed Spring. It snowed here one time on Mother's Day. I remember when I was about 18 and it snowed in Burney, Ca. on July 4th. Mom and I were sitting on the football field waiting for it to get dark so we could watch the fireworks and lo and behold it started snowing. It didn't last too long but it was enough to cover the blanket.
I've heard there was a summer here that never got above 60 degrees. They called it "The year without a summer". That sounds just peachy.


Mike's still looking for an apartment in Watertown. Damn things are hard to come by unless you want to pay $750 for a one bdrm plus utilities. 


Have to do a lot of painting starting this week. I have a donation of a chair to do then I need to get busy and do paintings to sell. I can't do anymore to "donate" or to give away. I think I'm going to approach an idea: I'm going to put a few paintings on fb, then set a starting price. Then tell people that if they're interested in bidding on them, they can send a silent auction price to me, via fb email. I think that way people can buy the paintings they're interested in, not feel intimidated by others, and I wont feel like I have to offer a painting to any one person at any certain price. Sound good? I think so. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment